- Handwoven in Uganda in accordance with Fair Trade principles
- Approximately 13" diameter and 3" tall
- Made from all natural, sustainably sourced raffia and banana fibers.
- Natural and AZO free dyes - natural dyes are made from various plant materials grown in artisan’s villages.
- Hanging loop on back allows for easy wall display
- No two baskets are identical - there will be slight variations in size and color from the one shown due to the handmade nature of each product. Each basket is uniquely handcrafted.
Handcrafted by women artisans from the Batoro tribe living in the very rural mountains of Western Uganda. These weavers are a part of a cooperative that provides training to single mothers, widows and other marginalized women who are subsistence farmers and weave baskets to provide additional income for their household. Weavers hand make each basket from home while tending to other household duties. Baskets can take days to weeks to complete with artists weaving 3 or so hours per day while balancing other responsibilities.