“Personal Information” means information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about a person whose identity is apparent, or can be reasonably ascertained, from the information or opinion.
Collection of Information
HumanKind Fair Trade collects personal information from a wide variety of sources, during telephone calls and directly from customers, distributors and suppliers.
Among the personal information that HumanKind Fair Trade commonly collects is the following:
- Name, address and telephones numbers
- Transaction records, including those relating to your purchases from us, and if you are a distributor or supplier, your other dealings with us
- Records of any queries or complaints that you may make
- E-mail address if you have:
- contacted Human Fair Trade by email
- signed up for our newsletter
- Any information that you provide through promotions, competitions or customer surveys.
Use of Personal Information
The National Privacy Principles require that, other than for certain specified exceptions, we only use your information for the purpose for which it was collected or a purpose related to that purpose. Some of the purposes for which we commonly use your information are as follow:
- to assist in providing our products to you
- to assist with any calls that you make HumanKind Fair Trade
- to communicate promotional offers and special events
- for our internal administrative, marketing, planning product development and research requirements
However, HumanKind Fair Trade may also use information for any other purpose for which the information was collected and for purposes related to that purpose.
Disclosure of your Information to Third Parties
HumanKind Fair Trade recognizes that some of the information you choose to supply may be personal information. HumanKind Fair Trade will not disclose your personal information to a third party except as described in the privacy statements we provide to you or where the disclosure is otherwise consistent with the law.
In relation to this website, HumanKind Fair Trade collects, uses and discloses information in the following ways:
- Information submitted by email or online forms
User may choose to supply HumanKind Fair Trade with information either via email links from the website, or by completing and submitting one or more of the forms which are available on the website. HumanKind Fair Trade does not require users to register in order to use the website. However, we may ask you to provide certain personal information to enable you to participate in particular activities such as entering a competition online. In such cases we may pass on your information to third parties engaged by us to provide such services.
Consumer Inquiry Privacy Statment
We may collect information that you provide when you call inquiring about a purchase. In relation to information provided during calls, HumanKind Fair Trade collects, uses and discusses information in the following ways:
- Customer service. HumanKind Fair Trade will use the information you provide during calls to assist in answering your query or addressing your complaint. This may include using information you provide to contact you following the call in response to your query or complaint.
- Quality. If your query or complaint relates to the quality of products or services provided by HumanKind Fair Trade then the information may be used to address that issue with the supplier in question. Generally, it will not be necessary to identify you when the complaint is raised with the supplier. If it is necessary we will seek your consent first.
Destruction of your Information
We will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify any personal information about you which we hold, when it is no longer needed by us.
Access and Updating
HumanKind Fair Trade recognizes that you may wish to access or update personal information that HumanKind Fair Trade holds about you. HumanKind Fair Trade will provide access to that information in accordance with the Act. If you wish to access or update your personal information, please email us.
You should be aware that HumanKind Fair Trade may refuse to correct your personal information if it does not agree that the information is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate. If HumanKind Fair Trade does not agree to amend your personal information then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
HumanKind Fair Trade will take reasonable steps to protect personal information we collect from you from misuse, loss or unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.