Craftspring works with women artisans in Kyrgyzstan to preserve the traditional craft of felting and cultivate the skills once passed on from mother to daughter as a way to support local communities.
- Craftspring aims to contribute to a culture of thoughtfulness, celebrating a sense of wonder and advocating for creativity and play
- Craftspring goods are made with 100% locally sourced wool from the mountains of Kyrgyzstan using the generations-old technique of wet felting
- Wet felting, once used by women to make their yurts, creates a textile that is strong and incredibly soft to the touch
- Craftspring uses this felting technique in part because a resurgence of felting has made a path for women's entrepreneurship and has provided a source of economic and social empowerment, but also because it is an ancient and beautiful artistic medium
- Craftspring's felt goods are made in women-run workshops
- Craftspring believes that business choices should be regenerative and conducts their affairs with the belief that they can positively impact the environment and global communities, not detract from them
Meet Craftspring: Handmade Magic from Craftspring on Vimeo.