Driven by a mission of spreading beauty and cheer, Lucuma Designs empowers women across Peru by supporting their handicraft production, thereby giving women a stronger voice in their households and communities.
- Founded in 1998 and joined the Fair Trade Federation in 1999
- Lucuma (loo-coo-ma) is named after the sunshine-yellow tropical fruit that is native to the cool highlands of the coastal valleys of Peru; honoring the vibrancy and uniqueness of this exquisite Peruvian fruit as those qualities are reflected in their folk art designs
- Lucuma Designs represents over 300 artisans across Peru, creating opportunities that empower these artists to help themselves and their communities
- Over 80% of Lucuma's artisan partners are women
- Lucuma's collections are made using natural, recycled, and eco-friendly materials and processes whenever possible to protect the health of producers and the environment
Making an Owl Gourd Ornament from Lucuma Designs, LLC on Vimeo.