Manushi, meaning "energetic woman," aims to enhance women's social and economic status and to put women at the forefront of human development.
- Established in Kathmandu, Nepal in 1991 to assist poor, disadvantaged Nepali women
- Based in Kathmandu, Manushi works with women in various parts of the country
- 90% of Manushi's artisans are women
- Nepali women have rights constitutionally, but practically they have few opportunities within a culture that discriminates against women
- Manushi aims to combat the discrimination women face by promoting gendered perspectives in sustainable development and providing women with stable employment
- Manushi also conducts community development, provides entrepreneurship and skills training, and provides microfinance loans
Free shipping on orders over $ 75 with discount code FREESHIP ~ Free curbside pickup on orders of any amount.