Prokritee, meaning "nature" in Bengali, provides employment to rural, disadvantaged women, many of whom are widows, single mothers, or heads-of-household.
- Formed by the Mennonite Central Committee in 2001, driven by the goal that all rural women in Bangledesh, regardless of caste or creed, become valued, contributing members of society
- Prokritee provides women with skills development training, design assistance, and sustainable links to new markets for their handicrafts
- Prokritee specializes in sustainable, natural materials which mirrors the organization's commitment to integrity, simplicity, and non-violence
- Focused on maximizing employment, not profits and seeks to preserve the cultural heritage of Bangladesh
- Over 1,000 women work with Prokritee currently at their 10 handicraft centers
- By providing jobs for women, Prokritee improves women's standard of living and helps them send their children to school
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $ 50