Saffy Handicrafts in The Philippines began as a workshop to create employment for women and youth in marginalized areas of Manila.
- Currently works with dozens of small producer groups in The Philippines
- They manage a workshop in Manila that specializes in capiz shell products.
- Artisans benefit from educational seminars, vocational training, financial and medical assistance.
- Member of the World Fair Trade Organization (WFTO), which verifies and monitors fair trade practices.
- Capiz is the shell of a windowpane oyster.
- Was traditionally used in place of glass to make windows because of its translucent quality.
- Lightweight material is perfect for jewelry
- Harvesting capiz is heavily regulated by the Philippine government as supply has become limited in recent years.
Free shipping on orders over $ 75 with discount code FREESHIP ~ Free curbside pickup on orders of any amount.