Tara Projects is a grassroots organization that works to provide sustainable employment for artisans in India, building their capacity and improving their quality of life.
- T.A.R.A. stands for "Trade Alternative Reform Action"
- Network reaches 1000 artisans in and around Delhi, India
- Pioneering organization in the fight for fair wages in India
- One of the largest fair trade organizations in India
- Artisans benefit from medical insurance, interest-free loans, savings programs, and skills training.
- Member of the World Fair Trade Organization (WFTO), which verifies and monitors fair trade practices.
- We source Tara Projects jewelry through SERRV and Ten Thousand Villages, non-profit organizations that import Tara jewelry to North America.
Hear from Sophia, a jewelry artisan at Tara Projects, about how fair trade makes a difference.