Matr Boomie has a vision to create positive change in India by empowering women and minorities to realize their creative, economic, and leadership potential.
- The name "Matr Boomie" comes from a phrase in Hindi that means "motherland."
- This family-run business was founded by husband and wife, Manish and Ruchi, in Austin, Texas.
- Manish's sister and brother-in-law, Rashmi and Davendra, manage the operations in India.
- Works with 924 artisan across 12 states in India
- 55% of artisans are women
- 45% of artisans are from rural areas, where artisans have a difficult time finding a market for their traditional crafts.
- Member of the Fair Trade Federation, which verifies and monitors fair trade practices
Matr Boomie from Space Fire Films on Vimeo.